Downtown Roseville recently received a major makeover. The
civic center on Vernon Street, which was once a concrete courtyard and parking
lot in front of City Hall, has transformed into a family friendly spot with
tons to do.
The opening also marks the start of some exciting events and programs in the Town Square. Here are five things you can do in Roseville’s new Town Square:
- Free wine-tasting Wednesdays: Wine Down Wednesdays run from 5-7 p.m. every Wednesday and feature free wine tastings from local wineries as well as a farmers market and live music. Find out here on Wine Down Wednesdays here.
- Concerts in the Town Square: The first concert at the Town Square will be "Journey Unauthorized," a Journey 80s cover band, for the celebration this weekend. Other upcoming concerts include "Because: a tribute to The Beatles" on Sept. 21 and Maxx Cabello Jr on Oct. 19. Find out more here.
- Free Friday Flicks: Movies start at 7:30 p.m. and run monthly September through December. Starlight cinemas include "The Blind Side," "Elf" and more. Find out more on Friday Flicks here.
- Free fitness classes: Through the end of October, take advantage of free workout classes outdoors. Yoga, bootcamp and Yang-style Tai Chi classes are hour-long at different times throughout the week. Find out more on the free classes here.
- Kid-friendly fun: Every Wednesday through the end of October there will also by two kids programs, Mother Goose on the Loose from 9:30-10 a.m. and Wee Ones Wednesday from 10-10:45 a.m. There's also a water feature for kids (water shoots up from the ground) to enjoy during the warmer weather.