In our most recent poll, and first using Patch's new on-site poll, we had a great voter turnout. As of Sunday morning, 136 people voted in our poll: what should be done to limit speedway noise?
Many people also decided to share their opinions on the issue through comments. See what a few voters had to say:
- All American Speedway brings great fun and a lot of economic benefit to Roseville. I live just down the street from the fairgrounds, and enjoy hearing the cars race on the weekends. If you choose to move next to a racetrack (or railyard, airport, freeway, shooting range, whatever), you shouldn't complain about the occasional and lawful noise.
- At least we are on a track and NOT on your streets....... But then again, I think we could make a pretty cool road course through some of those neighborhoods... We have more then complied with the new rules and regulations regarding sound and time limits. Its 6 months out of the year on saturdays (maybe friday for 3 hours) that we race and we are entitled to have fun just like everyone else, we pay our taxes, entrance fees, etc and we should be able to do what we want. Stop crying over it and move on. Let us race, and maybe come out and watch a few races... Im pretty sure you will like it.
- If you live near an airport that has been flying propeller planes during the day and they start flying jets in at 24 hours a day, you do have a right to complain. The situation at the race track is the same. The people living near the track lived with car racing, but not NASCAR racing. There's a real difference. Also, the County did not follow their own rules when they okay'd this expansion. They were supposed to have lots more permits and environmental studies. They didn't do it. They should be held accountable. It's like building a house without permits.
The majority of voters, 70 percent of you, thought noise was not an issue at the All American Speedway.
Here are the full results from our poll: What should be done to limit speedway noise?
- Nothing - the noise level is fine - 70 percent
- Discontinue races - 16 percent
- Have racing stop earlier than 10 p.m. - 8 percent
- Lower the sound limits on racecars - 4 percent
- Total votes: 136