In an effort to promote environmentally friendly travel, the city is offering residents hundreds of dollars toward commuter bikes. Applications available here, and more information is below:
Bucks forBikes provides an opportunity to receive up to $200 toward a new commuter bike. The program helps commuters start using a non-polluting, active, traffic-relieving mode of travel—bicycling! This program is made possible by the Placer County Transportation Planning Agency and the City of Roseville.
Submit your "Bucks for Bikes" application by March 8.
Here's more from Placer County:
- Understand that you must be 18 years of age or older, and employed or attend school within the County of Placer (includes Auburn, Colfax, Lincoln, Loomis, Rocklin, Roseville, and Placer County.)
- Obtain a quote from a store/bike shop in Placer Couty for a NEW bicycle. A bicycle helmet, light, lock, and/or rack/basket may be included as part of the quote, however, accessories alone will not be considered eligible under the Bucks for Bikes subsidy program. No third party or online purchases will be accepted (i.e. eBay, Craigslist, etc.).
- THIS IS NOT A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED APPLICATION PROCESS.
- Applicants may purchase a bike during the application period; however, THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT APPLICANTS WILL BE GRANTED A SUBSIDY if they do so.
- Applicants may apply for a Bucks for Bikes subsidy through an online application or maydownload the application (PDF) for completion and submittal via fax to (530) 823-4036, email:ssabol [at] pctpa [dot] net, or mail to:
Placer County Transportation Planning Agency
299 Nevada Street
Auburn, CA 95603