Editor's note: We thought Roseville residents might enjoy this story from our sister site, Napa Valley Patch, about creating some festive Halloween cocktails. If you've got a favorite holiday cocktail recipe to share, please add it in the comments.
Halloween candy is for kids. For the rest of us, the mixologists at BANK Cafe and Bar at the Westin Verasa in Napa are shaking up some sweet holiday potions and sharing their recipes. Mexican Inquisition, anybody?
1 oz. light rum
1 oz. dark rum
1 oz. 151
1 oz. orange curacao
½ oz. lemon
½ oz. lime
½ oz. orange
½ oz. passion fruit nectar
½ oz. cinnamon water
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin and shake with rocks.
- Pour over fresh ice.
Corpse Reviver #2
¾ oz. No. 209 Gin
¾ oz. Lillet
¾ oz. Cointreau
¾ oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin and double strain into a martini coup.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.
1.5 oz. Sombra Mezcal
¾ oz. royal combier orange liqueur
½ oz. fresh lemon juice
½ oz. fresh lime juice
1 dash agave nectar
2 dashes angostura bitters
2 dashes orange bitters
1 egg yolk
White cracked pepper
Clove-studded orange peel
- Combine ingredients in a shaker tin without ice and shake vigorously to incorporate ingredients.
- Add ice and continue the hard shake.
- Strain in a martini coup and dust the drink with the cracked pepper.
- Add clove-studded orange peel as garnish.
1.5 oz. Goslings dark rum
¾ oz. Nocino Black Walnut liqueur
1.5 oz. apple cider
½ oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 egg yolk
- Combine Ingredients in a shaker tin without ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Add ice to shaker tin and continue to shake vigorously.
- Pour over fresh ice in a Collins glass.
- Garnish with fresh nutmeg and apple core.
What's your favorite cocktail for this season of the year? Tell us in the comments!